Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last Blog for the Semester

I learned so much from my research paper that was on the effects of the Vietnam War. This was a topic that actually intrested me unlike some of my past research papers. One thing I learned about was the protesting. In America protesting could get violent and sometimes lives would be lost because of the stuppidest reasons. The National Guard would come in and sometimes end up having to shot which would end up injuring or killing. While over in Vietnam there was a more gruesome way of protest than in America.  Buddhist Monks would lite themselves on fir in protest of the violence and bloodshed of the war. Though they had calmer ways to protest this showed how much they were against the war. Protesting effected many things and really showed people how bad the war was. Also, I learned that the United States spent billions of dollars on the war and dropped millions of pounds of explosives down on Vietnam. How Vietnam did not get obliterated is something I am astonished by. Much of Vietnam's land was destroyed by these bombs and also the sprays that killed the vegitation of Vietnam that America used.  There are still areas in Vietnam that have unxploded bombs and mines, which makes Vietnam still unsafe in and near jungle areas. The Veitnam War was one of the bloodiest wars and had an effect like no one could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment